Don’t believe everything you hear! It could cost you tens of thousands of dollars!
In the old days FSBO’s (For Sale by Owner’s) couldn’t list their properties in the MLS and that alone was a huge disadvantage. Today sellers have access to many Internet tools, especially List2Move’s data base driven MLS Machine where they can not only gain access to the local MLS, but have full control over their listing 24/7. In fact, they have more access to their listing than most sellers do with a full service agents! Ouch! Continue reading
Posted in Business Models, Flat Fee?, Marketing, Strategy, What is Flat Fee MLS?
Tagged discount real estate, Flat Fee MLS, Flat Fee MLS vs. Full Service Brokerage, For Sale by Owner, Free Advertising, Free Listing, FSBO, MLS, Multiple Listing
As of this week List2Move.com is Nationwide! In fact many of our sites allow you to list for Free!
If the site doesn’t have a broker/owner you list on our site for free! And if you order up MLS we will find you the best broker in your area or you will get your money back!
We are now in all 50 States, if the site doesn’t have a broker/owner you list on our network for FREE!
Posted in Advertising, Flat Fee?, Marketing
Tagged discount real estate, Flat Fee MLS, For Sale by Owner, Free Advertising, Free For Sale by Owner Advertising, Free Listing, FSBO, MLS, Money Back, Multiple Listing
List2Move.com has been doing Flat Fee MLS in Rochester NY now for over 7 years and their business philosophy hasn’t changed from day one;
“if you give homeowners the same tools as the professionals, they will succeed.”
When we started years ago there was only one other company doing flat fee and they were doing it for over a thousand dollars. We hit the market using technology and the Internet and at a fraction of their cost we put them out of business. We developed systems to eliminate the middlemen in the equation which equates to big savings.
The founder of List2Move.com delivered a talk to the the NYS Bar on New Business Models in real estate in 2006. Continue reading
Posted in Actual Experiences, Business Models, Flat Fee?, Scams, Strategy
Tagged America's Choice, Discount Broker, Fairport, Flat Fee MLS, Flat fee MLS Rochester Ny, Flat Fee MLS Syracuse NY, For Sale by Owner, FSBO, FSBO Advertising, List2Move.com
Let’s face it not all Sell by Owners are Advertising Executives, but some of the things that get posted on Craig’s List really outrageous!
How about this one for starters….
IMPORTANT: If you respond to this ad requesting more information, please give me some details about who you are, where you live, and what your specific housing interests are. There are simply too many spammers on Craiglist for me to reply to everyone who sends me a response like, “Could you send me some more pictures.”
Isn’t this a little odd? An “Important” notice to buyers with requirements? Really? This certainly wouldn’t sit well with me if I were hunting for a home.
No phone number, No Name to call or email and No Address for the property. Not sure we get it.
Rochester NY’s FLAT FEE, FSBO Leader
You have heard about “Location, Location, Location” in real estate but when you are selling your homes by owner you have to think about INFRASTRUCTURE, INFRASTRUCTURE, INFRASTRUCTURE! Why? Because if you hitch your wagon to the wrong star you run the risk of leaving lots of money on the table.
List2Move (formerly called FlatFeeRochester.com) was started right here in Rochester NY almost 7 years ago with the idea that if you give the sellers the RIGHT tools (the same ones the agents and brokers use) and a little coaching along the way, that they would be able to successfully sell their own real estate. Well Rochester, it is working really well! We can tell you with confidence that by listing with List2Move.com you have a 42% better chance of not paying any co-brokers commission at all. (And much better service and better signs than anyone in or out of town!) We have saved our homeowners (our neighbors) over a $1,000,000 (million) in commissions!
That being said, it is also true if you go with the cheapest service out there you are going to get some real cheesy looking signs, and little if any infrastructure which makes a big deal if you are really trying to save the most money. So if you want to save the most money, have the least amount of problems and sell quick there is still only one real contender, the market leader….List2Move.com
Posted in Business Models, Commissions, Marketing, Preparation
Tagged America's Choice, Discount Broker, Fairport, Flat Fee Central, Flat fee MLS Rochester Ny, For Sale by Owner, For Sale by Owner Rochester NY, FSBO, FSBO Advertising, FSBO Rochester NY, List2Move Rochester New York, MLS, Northstar Realty, Perinton
10. Realtors can’t solicit you any more! It would be unethical according to the National Association of Realtors Code of Ethics!
9. Automatic Syndication to hundreds of web sites including Realtor.com
8. Automatic marketing to all Realtors in your area
7. Name your own buyers agency commission (You don’t have to give it all away!)
6. Control of your deal
5. Chance to eliminate the buyers agent’s commission (100% of Sellers make the commission offer and 42% still pay nothing)
4. Automatic Marketing all Realtor’s buyers registered in the MLS computer
3. No long term listing contracts
2. Free consultation with someone who wants you to succeed!
1. It’s all done from the comfort of your own computer!
Posted in Commissions, Flat Fee?
Tagged discount real estate, Fairport, Flat Fee Central, Flat Fee MLS, Flat fee MLS Rochester Ny, FSBO, FSBO Advertising, List2Move Rochester New York, List2Move.com, Rochester NY Real estate
Are you marketing to all the buyers?
There are only 4 types of home buyers!
1. The buyer in a hurry. This is a buyer that is ready to buy today! They may be moving to this area because of a job transfer, or have already sold their present home and need to find another one fast, or they may just be the kind of people that like to make quick decisions. These buyers are typically pre-qualified with a lender and almost always work with a Realtor. They don’t have time to drive all over town trying to track down a home to buy. Since 97% of the homes for sale are listed with Realtors, these buyers know it’s just easier to get help from a Realtor.
2. Those Not in a Hurry. This type of buyer is serious. They may be first time home buyers, or have just recently put their current home on the market, but don’t have a buyer lined up yet. This type of buyer is also prone to working with a Realtor. They THINK that working with a buyers agent doesn’t cost them any money and if they are first time home buyers, they may feel helpless and need someone to walk them through the process and protect their interests.
3. The Investor. This type of buyer is looking for a steal. Their idea is to find someone that’s desperate to sell so they can buy the home at a steep discount. This type of buyer is almost never pre-qualified with a lender so you’ll never really know if they can actually afford to buy your home, but they’ll tell you it’s not a problem. If you advertise your home on Craig’s List, you will get calls from the Investor.
4. Tire Kickers. This type of buyer is a time waster. They can’t afford to buy because of bad credit or no money, but they won’t ever tell you this. They like to spend their weekends just looking at homes and wasting your time. They’ll tell you they love your house and ask all kinds of questions. They’ll get your hopes up, but after they walk out the door, you’ll never hear from them again. When you call them, they’ll have some excuse of why they’re “not ready to buy right now” or they’ll say, “We’re still looking”.
If 97-98% of all the homes for sale in this area are listed with real estate firms, where do you think the serious buyers most likely to go? That’s right, the MLS or a Realtor or Homesteadnet.com, or List2Move.com or Realtor.com or Nothnagle, or Hunt or Remax…..you get the picture. POSITION YOURSELF FOR SUCCESS BE WHERE THE SERIOUS BUYERS ARE AND GET ON THE MLS. List2Move it and get it sold!
Posted in Flat Fee?, Marketing, Strategy
Tagged America's Choice, Democrat and Chronicle, Discount Broker, discount real estate, Flat Fee Central, Flat Fee Mls Buffalo NY, Flat fee MLS Rochester Ny, Flat Fee Rochester, For Sale by Owner, FSBO, FSBO Advertising, List2Move Rochester New York, List2Move.com, Rochester Buffalo Syracuse NY, Rochester NY Real estate
Going For Sale By Owner in Rochester NY takes some thought. The rewards are great if positioned with a company that doesn’t compete with you for buyers. Some companies will throw you on the MLS and then when the buyer calls the broker the broker “represents” the buyer and collects the commissions.
Not at List2Move.com!
List2Move.com has the the infrastructure that sends the buyers direct to the seller everytime. Effectively removing the broker from the equation and puts more money in the sellers pocket. For Sale By Owner’s in Rochester NY are learning that not all flat fee providers are the same!
Yesterday I got a call from one of our Rochester, NY For Sale By Owner clients. He was asking questions about the earnest deposit money that a buyer “traditionally” puts into an escrow account.
He had a situation where there was a buried oil tank on the property and the buyer didn’t want to go through with the purchase, except the buyer had already signed off on the engineers inspection.
So to make a long story short the buyer wants the seller to pay the $4-5K to remove and replace the tank and the seller doesn’t want to nor feels it is part of the contractual agreement. Chances are the buyer will walk (but could also be in breach of contract) but what happens to the $10k sitting in the escrow account?
First of all, earnest money (Earnest Money) is NEGOTIATED up front! Where it is kept it is spelled out in the purchase and sale contract!!!!! Sellers should always take delivery of the down payment and it should be sitting in your attorney’s escrow account! You ask why? Control. You want to have control of that money for situations like this.
In this case the money is sitting in the buyers agent’s escrow, and even though the sellers would have to sign a release for the buyers to get it back, control of the money could be 9/10ths of the law…
1. Always review the contract with us before you sign it.
2. Always have your attorney look at your purchase and sale contract before you sign it!
3. Always make sure you have control over the escrow monies!
Sellers are saving $1000′s
Selling your home as a FSBO or For Sale by Owner in Rochester NY is so much more efficient than it used to be, thanks to List2Move.com. Today any For Sale by Owner of any type of property can tap the most efficient selling tool available to any real estate professional, all from their home computer and not have to pay the big commissions to do so!!! The tool we are referring to is the number one tool used by all Realtors called the Multiple Listing Service (MLS).
Get Listed to Move
So what is the MLS?
It is simply a private database that is shared amongst members, and makes an offer of compensation (which is your money as commissions) in return for cooperation. It has evolved into the number one marketing tool for bringing buyers and sellers together. Syndicating of listings through the MLS is mostly automatic…. however, Roxwell Properties in Rochester, NY actually pays Realtor.com to get better placement for it’s customers
How does it work?
Thanks to List2Move.com property owners going FSBO today have total control when marketing their homes when using List2Move’s proprietary database driven website. It is a matter of logging in and building your listing. The last thing anyone does on the site is pay. That’s when you go live. FSBO’s control just about everything when marketing their property; price, status, commissions, public remarks and more without ever leaving their desk! They are basically their own listing agent after paying List2Move.com for the use of its infrastructure which mirrors the same database used by Realtors.
What makes this efficient is that once the homeowner has input their property information, List2Move.com transfers it verbatim to Roxwell Properties, Inc., who then pastes the data, including photos into the Multiple Listing Service. The listing is then syndicated to hundreds of websites, including all of the major real estate portals including, Homesteadnet.com (Rochester, NY), 2Findyourhome.com (List2Move Buffalo), CNYRealtor.com (List2Move Syracuse), Realtor.com (America’s largest national real estate website). And because local brokerages have what they call an IDX agreement which allows brokers to market other brokers listings, your listing shows up on all the local real estate broker’s websites as well. This includes Re/Max, Century 21, Prudential, Nothnagle,Hunt Realtors. and more This gives For Sale by Owners a huge advantage.
The other major advantage of getting on the Multiple Listing Service using this Flat Fee MLS service with List2Move, is that you only have to offer a dollar to a cooperating brokerage. That means you can still have all the benefits of being listed in the Realtor database for virtually nothing! The exposure is humongous! You can always offer more to a buyers agent, it is totally up to you, but having the control over the commissions, is something customers really like.
Posted in Flat Fee?, Marketing, Strategy
Tagged discount real estate, Flat Fee Central, Flat Fee MLS, Flat Fee Mls Buffalo NY, Flat Fee mls New Hampshire, Flat fee MLS Rochester Ny, Flat Fee MLS Syracuse NY, Flat Fee Real Estate, For Sale by Owner, FSBO, FSBO Advertising, List2Move Rochester New York, List2Move.com, Milford New Hampshire, Milford New Hampshire Real Estate, MLS, Real Estate Investors, Rochester Buffalo Syracuse NY, Rochester NY Real estate